"Community-oriented" distros

With the recent launch of Red Hat's Fedora, it seems to me that we now have three major options for people looking for a community-based Linux distribution for x86: Debian, Gentoo, and Fedora.

I'm currently using Woody, mostly because of the community aspect (just "feels" right to me) and the package stability system. I'm a home user with a new Dell laptop and no real reason to have an enterprise-quality product except my own peace of mind.

So my questions:

1. Are there other community-based distributions out there that would be worth a look?

2. Which would be best for my needs? Are there other philosophical differences between them that I should know about (besides Gentoo's source-only approach)?

Thanks for the opinions, guys.

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster [Ballsome.com]