SSLWrap keeps stopping

I've got sslwrap for POP3S running on two servers. On both machines,
sslwrap is used for secure authentication to qmail-pop3d.

One machine has been running fine for about 2 months now. The other
machine stops authenticating at least once a week. The problem appears
to be with sslwrap, as simply doing /etc/init.d/sslwrap restart solves
the problem. However, I've not been able to find any hints in the logs
for what's causing this. (I'm running Debian Woody. Also, the problem
machine has almost twice the cpu power and ram that the working machine
has, so I don't think it's anything to do with that... granted, they're
both old pentiums, but I haven't seen any evidence that the hardware is
the problem.)

Does anyone have any ideas how I could fix this? Even some hints for
troubleshooting this better would be appreciated.

I may end up switching to software that will handle pop3s natively in
the future, but it would need to support vpopmail and maildir.
(courier-pop-ssl in Woody appears to be a little old.)

TIA,
Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he
does.