Re: XFree86 4.3 in stable sarge - how likely

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 09:25:13AM +0100, Jaque Moreau wrote:
> I know you cannot predict this 100 % accurate but what do you think how
> likely will XFree86 4.3 be included in stable Sarge?

It's too close to call at the moment, since the required work hasn't
been finished yet.

> I need XFree86 4.3 due to a bug in DRM in prior releases.
>
> I it is not very likely for it to be included I will have to think about
> migrating to another distro :-(

Most of the people who need newer versions of XFree86 only need it for
support for their graphics card, and all that's necessary for this is to
upgrade just the xserver-xfree86 package. Since there's no need to
upgrade the whole of XFree86 it's quite simple to use a newer server
even if you're running a distribution that doesn't include it.

Cheers,