Re: Bootsplash in Debian

On Monday November  3 at 03:37pm
Damien Solley <dsolley@student.usyd.edu.au> wrote:

> Kernel is 2.4.22 from ftp.kernel.org with Con Kolivas' -ck2 patch
> (includes bootsplash). I've got 512MB main memory with 1MB accessible
> to the BIOS while booting. I use the 845patch to allocate a further
> 10MB RAM to XFree86, but this is done during the sysinit stage, after
> kernel has loaded.

Have a look at the debian source  kernels, and the package
'kernel-patch-lpp.' It seems to be for 2.4 kernels. I have used it to
get exactly what you are looking for, but it was about 6 months ago. I
believe it applied cleanly to 2.4.20. Documentation is available in
/usr/share/doc/kernel-package-lpp.
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: Propellerheads - Spybreak! : Decksandrumsandrockandroll