Re: Apt-get: move from cdrom to online-sources

Greg,

Your information of great help, but only leads to more questions.

1. Where does one read about such specifics as the need to have a
   security source to do an upgrade? What I've seen on apt says
   relatively little.

3. The address didn't work, and I also tried a couple others. When I
   tried # aptitude update && aptitude upgrade, the warining is that
   it couldn't stat the source package list. The aptitude log says
   nothing. Besides your example, here are the respositories I tried:

   deb http://security.debian.org woody/updates main contrib non-free
   deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

Haines