Re: Can't install networking.

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 at 02:17 GMT, Mark Healey penned:
The post then said to run "apt-cache search kernel-image-2.4 | more"
and then select the apprpriate kernel.

There was no output when I ran that.

I've never used apt-cache, but a quick look at the man page suggests
that perhaps you hadn't yet generated the cache, so searching on it
probably wasn't very helpful.  Looks like the original poster assumed
the cache was already generated.

No, you don't have to do anything special. More likely, there just aren't any 2.4 kernel images available in his repository. Typing "apt-cache search bash" should search the repository for anything mentioning bash, and should return several hits. Or try "apt-cache search server" for even more hits. (The "| more" part just pipes the output through the "more" command so you can see the data one screenful at a time).

--
Kent

Doh! Sorry Monique; I forget to CC: you. ;)
(Please - no one take this to mean that Monique wants CC:'s; it's merely a joke.)