Re: courier-imap setup - can't authenticate and maildir Q

On Thursday, October 30, 2003, at 05:38 PM, Micha Feigin wrote:

Also the setup file says that courier only handles maildirs. I currently
have exim installed for smtp. I uncommented the option for maildirs in
the config file and converted the mbox into a maildir with the same name
in the same location. Is that the right thing to do?

The only option I see for maildirs in the config file is for handling
aliases and .forward.  My incoming mail goes to /var/spool/mail/david
and isn't seen by the imap client, and the maildirs option in the
config file doesn't affect that.  I was about to ask about that myself.
Where is incoming mail supposed to go with exim/courier, and
how can I get it there?  My sent mail is fine, it sits in a maildir and
the client can read it.

Another question.  I want to switch from wu-imap to courier-imap
for efficiency.  This seems to require switching from sendmail to
exim, so I did, but reluctantly since everyone else here uses
sendmail.  Is it true that there's no way to use sendmail with
courier-imap and maildirs?

David (using another server of course)