Re: Has SWEN finally died?

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 01:15:05PM -0500, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:39:05 -0700 Paul E Condon <pecondon@peakpeak.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I'm getting one every 2 or 3 hrs. Down from ~5/hr three days ago. Theory:
> >If you don't post to this list for many days, the infected machines
> >which have your email address in their lists of targets gradually get
> >disinfected, and your incoming swen gradually goes to zero. But, if you
> >post, you run the
> >risk of a new wave of swen.
>
> That is why all of my posting is now done through this hotmail account,
> which I use for nothing else.  So far, I have received no spam of any sort
> through it.  It is not ending up in the bulk mail box.  It simply is not
> coming in at all.  Either no one (including SWEN) has found the box yet, or
> hotmail is actually doing a proper job of filtering he mess.  Could
> MicroSquish actually have done something right, for a change?

...if the alternative is everyone saying "don't use hotmail, you'll
get virused to @$#%" they probably have... their own mail service
screwing up their own OS wouldn't look very good.

I find swen to be highly variable; I got several hundred yesterday but
only a few tens today. My gut feeling is that's just a blip on the
curve.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons