Re: Simple little basic config questions

> > My next question has to do with disabling screen blanking and power
> > saving under X. This also may be the result of moving into a somewhat
> > different setup when I moved from RedHat to debian.
> >
> > I had added to ~/.Xclients:
> >
> >   xset s off
> >   xset -dpms
> >
> > But now that is having no effect.
>
> see the man page at
> /usr/X11R6/man/man5/XF86Config-4.5x.gz

I hadn't remembered that BlankTime, StandbyTimes, SuspendTime and
OffTime could be set in this config file.

But as the man page points out, the xset commands can be set at "run
time." Does that mean run time for x server? If so, where would the
xset command be put? Do you think I could put them into
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xserverrc ? Doing it this way seems a lot
cleaner than plugging in enormous numbers of minutes for each of the
ServerFlags options in XF86Config.

Haines Brown