Re: What did I screw up?

Roberto Sanchez writes:
> Why not just setup diald on the gateway machine?

Or just configure pppd for demand-dialing.  That can easily be done with
pppconfig.

Marc Shapiro wrote:
> Now, however, if I dial in and then try to access anything on the net
> from the Athlon, I get DNS resolution errors.

You must either run DNS on the gateway machine or have your ISP's
nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf on the Athlon.

If it was working before, though, I don't see how the changes you made
should have broken DNS.

Roberto Sanchez writes:
> But, I believe that nethack is *required* and that you can officially be
> considered a *nix "poser" for uninstalling it, especially the console
> version

It's permissable (though frowned upon) to remove nethack from a headless
server as long as it is available on the admin's workstation.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)