re: What did I screw up?

Earlier, I said:

I messed up some configuration, somewhere, and I hope that someone can tell me what it was.

<SNIP>

Now, however, if I dial in and then try to access anything on the net from the Athlon, I get DNS resolution errors. I can not access ANYTHING! If I telnet to the Pentium, then I can get out without any apparent problems. What config file(s) have I messed up? I'm sure that this is simple to fix, once I determine what I accidentally messed up.

Well, somehow the default gateway entry got removed from my routing table. I don't see how anything that I installed, or removed, could have done that, and I certainly did not use the route command prior to the mess-up, but that is what happened. One route add command later and I am back on the net again.

Thanks for listening, even if I figured it out myself (that is the best way, after all).

--
Marc Shapiro

Want to check if your PC is virus-infected? Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963