Re: bit of help for new debian user....

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 at 16:07 GMT, Matt Eberhardt penned:
>> Is your routing set up properly ? When you traceroute to your isp do
>> you
> see
>> anything weird ?  Sounds like a routing problem to me. Or an isp
>> problem ....
>> hth Elie De Brauwer
> Actually, it needed a reboot.... in hindsight, i probably could have
> gotten by with just a network restart. I had been playing with ip
> failover and ip address changing, I am thinking that mucked something
> up and something needed a restart

Very, very few things on linux require a reboot ... but when I first
started using linux, it was often easier for me to reboot the machine
than to figure out what specifically needed to be restarted.

Congrats on getting it working!

PLEASE don't CC me.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.
Whatever it takes, just don't CC me!  I'm already subscribed!!