bit of help for new debian user....

Hey list,

I appear to have broken something with my Debian Unstable setup.
I noticed the problem when trying to ssh out of the box to a remote box. I
get a:
"Network is unreachable"
first thought the problem was ssh.. so I tried to ssh to localhost, whiched
worked fine.

Then I tried pinging an external host, every ping fails.

Next I tried "lynx yahoo.com" and it fails with a "Unable to connect to
remote host."

So now I'm thinking network problem... I can ssh out from a windows box, so
I know that it is not being blocked at the router level.
I can do "host yahoo.com" and get it to resolve correctly. I can ping
internal addresses. I can ssh into the box from a windows box. I can get
webpages from internal addresses.
But I can't get to anything outside our network.... anytime i try, i get a
host unreachable.

Then I thought perhaps iptables was blocking it, so I ran
"/etc/init.d/iptables clear" but that did not fix anything.

I'm stumped... and there is nothing in the logs that is tossing an error....

Any ideas?

(note, my linux experience is mostly slackware with some redhat and mandrake
tossed in)

Matt Eberhardt
Web Developer
--
The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is
intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be