Think I need ttyN where N>8...

Hi!

I'm still working with the backstreet ruby kernel Andreas Schuldei has
made available to get another seat on the machine. I had a breakthrough
yesterday. Now my (2.4) kernel runs, and I can use one graphics card.
Now, I just need to get the other up, with corresponding keyboard and
mouse.

I think I need to make more tty-devices, and I'm using devfs, so the
short question is: How can I make more than the usual tty0 to tty8?
(Because it is only those in Debian from the start, right...?)

I'm not feeling very at home in this, it is quite well above my head for
the moment. I have RTFM, http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/rgooch/linux/
docs/devfs.html#how-it-works to be specific, but I really don't
understand it... So I hope someone can help... :-)

mknod something....?

To make the short story long, what I tried was to run the second
X-server on the second graphics card. It goes:
(++) using VT number 8

(WW) xf86OpenConsole: VT_ACTIVATE failed
(WW) xf86OpenConsole: VT_WAITACTIVE failed

Fatal server error:
xf86OpenConsole: VT_GETMODE failed

So, I googled for this error message, and found this:
http://lists.jammed.com/owl-users/2001/11/0027.html
so, it seems that I need tty9, etc. But then, when using devfs (it is
recommended in this setup, sort of), MAKEDEV is not an alternative. So,
I have to instruct devfs to make it, some way. I thought software like
XFree86 could register it itself, but apparently, I understand very
little as to how it works...

Obviously, it could be something entirely different that's wrong with my
setup, in that case, advices would be very welcome too!

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo