Re: Think I need ttyN where N>8...

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 03:45:58PM +0100, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> I think I need to make more tty-devices, and I'm using devfs, so the
> short question is: How can I make more than the usual tty0 to tty8?
> (Because it is only those in Debian from the start, right...?)
>
> I'm not feeling very at home in this, it is quite well above my head for
> the moment. I have RTFM, http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/rgooch/linux/
> docs/devfs.html#how-it-works to be specific, but I really don't
> understand it... So I hope someone can help... :-)

manual> When a lookup operation on an entry is performed and if there is no
manual> driver information for that entry devfs will attempt to call devfsd.

After reading that link a bit, I think it should be handled by devfsd.
Do you have that running?

Hope that helps!
Chris Niekel
--
    I've been down so long, if I'd cheer up, I'd still be depressed.
            - Lisa Simpson, Moanin' Lisa Blues.