Re: spam settings (5mb "nei-group" email every few minutes!)

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 21:51, Will Trillich wrote:
> we've had a "sales@serensoft.com" alias for a while, and now
> it's killing us. every six to eight minutes we get a new email
> which pretends it's from "@nei-group.com" and it contains
> microso~1 html with a FIVE MEG excel file attached.
>
> every few minutes! over and over again.
>
> i've got each user set up with a .forward that includes
>
> 	if $return_path contains "@nei-group" then
> 		seen
> 		finish
> 	endif
>
> this at least keeps the partition from overflowing from incoming
> crap, but our bandwidth is still being eaten alive to the tune of
> 5mb (an excel file, purportedly) every few minutes.

If it's coming in directly via an MTA (instead of you fetching
from a pop server), is there any way to block these emails at
the source?  Seems like you'd have to get the sending MTA to
to the blocking.

In SA, couldn't you put @nei-group.com in your blacklist?

> (interestingly, it contains some -- probably fake --
> spam-scanned headers, and spamassassin doesn't seem to be
> scanning it; the logs show spam-scanned, but there's no
> X-Spam-Level headers or any other spamassassin fingerprints on
> it. odd!)

Maybe SA doesn't think it's spam?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Vanity, my favorite sin."
Larry/John/Satan, "The Devil's Advocate"