Re: way-OT: regularity of german v. english [was: Re: OT - Programming Languages w/o English Syntax]

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 at 18:59 GMT, Ron Johnson penned:

> --
> Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
> Jefferson, LA USA
>
> "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty: power is ever
> stealing from the many to the few. The manna of popular liberty
> must be gathered each day, or it is rotten... The hand entrusted
> with power becomes, either from human depravity or esprit de
> corps, the necessary enemy of the people. Only by continual
> oversight can the democrat in office be prevented from hardening
> into a despot: only by unintermitted agitation can a people be
> kept sufficiently awake to principle not to let liberty be
> smothered in material prosperity... Never look, for an age when
> the people can be quiet and safe. At such times despotism, like
> a shrouding mist, steals over the mirror of Freedom"
> Wendell Phillips

Holy huge-ass sig, batman!

I like a good political quote as much as the next person, but not in
other people's sigs.  There's a reason slrn bitches at me if I use a sig
larger than 4 lines.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please