Re: midentd: problems & questions

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:08:40 -0600, "Monique Y. Herman"
<spam@bounceswoosh.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 at 17:26 GMT, Rob Weir penned:
> >
> > Yes, it is a very old bug, which hasn't been fixed in stable.  Bug
> > #120247 however contains a workaround that will get the package off
> > your machine neatly.
> >

> Hasn't been fixed in unstable, either.
>
> It hadn't occurred to me to look in the bug report records for a
> workaround.  This did it.  Thanks so much!

The bug tracking system is an excellent resource to fixing these types
of problems.

Say for example if a package is rendered uninstallable because of a
borked postinst script, someone has usually, within a short amount of
time, filed a bug into the BTS along with a nicely constructed patch/set
of directions.

Plus, the debian bts is far superior to any other bug tracking system,
imho.

--
scott c. linnenbringer    |  sl@panix.com
http://www.panix.com/~sl  | sl@moslug.org