Re: A newbie's confusion about GPL (BS)

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:09:30 -0700,
Tom <tb.31020.nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20031023210930.GA16207@comcast.net>:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 10:38:33PM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > ... After Iraq and Palestine
> > etc is freed, and your traitors and war criminals has been hanged,
> > there may be a new _viable_ chance for peace.
>
> Without going into left field, and without saying anything negative,
> what's your vision of a harmonious world?  Use only positive
> statements.

..I'll read "positive" as constructive, like boot school chew outs, they
make your average 85 IQ GI a better peace maker, the purpose of war
_is_ laying a _new_ foundation for Peace, and _someone_ has to do it,
and, to get it done _right_, your Gumps _must_believe_ they do the
_right_ thing, or, they'll lose like in Vietnam.

..and, they will need to convince the Muslim side too, now, first.

..yeah, this planet _can_ become a paradise for _all_ of mankind, we
have everything we need to get there.  Most of oil etc is gone long
before we gets there, and we need to invest it to get started.  I see 15
billion people in 50 years, over the next 1000 years this would ease
back to 5 billion, as we begin to explore other planets, and when we
find other habitable planets, well, the sky is the limit.  ;-)

..we will need to come up with a non-carnivorous economy, capitalism is
an excellent tool to win wars and it _can_ be used to share this planets
wealth, so we _all_ can enjoy a comfortable nice life, but it must
become sustainable.  Transportation will be electrified, Cuba and the US
will make heavy use of mills in the Gulf Stream, most other places will
use
solar power and biomass, air commerce will use combustion powerplants,
either hydrogen or synthetic hydrocarbons.

..part of the oil must be used to make better use of coal, and co-fire
MSW, I see the 15 billion over 300 years peak load being carried by coal
and ocean currents like the Gulf stream, there is no need for the Green
Fear that goes "There Are Too Many of us, So Someone Has to Do
Something About It", just like Saddam, Osama, Jacques, Kim and George
_are_ doing.

..we _have_ the technology to put _all_ 15 billions in crazy peel power
automobiles, if we want to: http://www.mega.nu:8080/ampp/bitterly.html
http://www.repp.org/discussion/gasification/200201/msg00037.html

..replanting deserts, refilling the Aral Sea and the ground water
reservoirs, restoring the 400 years worth of pollution, while
cultivating the planet to maximize the sustainable production rather
than pillage the Asian and Africans etc, are massive projects that will
dwarf WWII, the Cold War Arms Race etc, in scale and in a benign way.

..the hard part is _getting_ there.  Now that we're got ourselves in on
the wrong side in Sissy Boy George's Crusade Against Islam, instead of
wiping out all the war criminals, we have to _convince_ the Muslims
we'll try to fix what we fucked up.  That means _full_ compliance to
the 4 Geneva Conventions, _instead_ of candy and glass pearls "to win
their hearts".  Islam has similar rules on "physical Jihad", and we
_are_ required to heed the strictest combination of these Convention
Rules.

..some of you guys code games.  I saw Gentoo lose developers on adopting
"Americas Army", where Q3 and CS was ok, because of the implied
politics.  Neither of these games makes use of the 4 Geneva Convention
on calulating the game "kill" score.

..making use of the 4 Geneva Conventions on calculating game scores,
will make these games even more challenging than the Q3 and CS style
ammo spraying I see in lan partys.  These games does help prepare gamers
for combat in RL military service.  Even pasifists play these games,
because the challenges involved, is great fun.

..they do not help prevent war crimes, as they are now.  These games
rather encourage war crimes, as they teach you to "shoot first, then ask
and aim and think".

..these games _can_ be used to prepare gamers for RL military service
_repressing_ war crimes, _if_ the gamers can score points doing _that_
very bit.

..man _is_ civilized, US Army research mention it took 25000 rounds to
kill the 99 Lakota warriors at Wounded Knee, in a Civil War battle, the
average dead man had reloaded his muzzle loader without firing it, on
average twice, making these frail guns tripleloaded pipe bombs, one
such gun got 10 charges before its "owner" was killed.
http://www-cgsc.army.mil/milrev/English/MayJun99/Pierson.htm

..more stuff found searching for the above and  S. L. A. Marshall's
"Men Against Fire: The Problem of Battle Command in Future War".
Gloucester, MA: Peter Smith, 1978, c1947.
"First published in 1947, this book highlights General Marshall's
perception of soldiers in combat based on his own experiences in two
world wars and on extensive interviews of combat troops. This book is
essential reading for all commanders from platoon to division.
Questionable, however, are Marshall's statistics on ratios of fire.":
http://www.svaphilosopher.com/files/therapeutic.htm
http://www.mayogenuine.com/killing.htm
http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/6579/
http://www.geocities.com/equipmentshop/technotactical.htm
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Marshall%22+%22Men+Against+Fire%22+%22kill+ratio%22
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/22-51/22-51_toc.htm

..these numbers fell way down in Vietnam, where the GI's used far less
ammo to kill than the Vietnamese, this was "blamed" on the US mental
preparation by watching gun combat on tv shows, the several "school
shootings" and the 5 digit losses from gunfire in the US also "helps".

..the prevention of war crime is a powerful weapon to win wars,
because to helps the good guys, by proving to everyone, who
_are_ the good guys.

..this also makes gallantry a powerful tool in peace making, and
I believe we should take the first step, just like the Russians
(and Chechens!) did on scrapping the Soviet Union and WWIII.

..another and easier use I made my first stab at 10 years ago, was
make use of the 130 or whatever different language translations of
the text of the full 4 Geneva Conventions to build a 130 language
translation application.

..this put online, can help, and help fund, the game score coding.
I chose English as my base language because I know this better
than any of the other 4 base languages, French, Spanish, Russian
and Chinese. And, I of course lost it all in my big wintendo crash
that kicked me over to linux.

..you Tom, can start off by reporting that far out war crime Psysops
story to the appropriate law enforcement authority, so it can be checked
out.  It _may_ have a perfectly legal execution of 200 mercenaries, I
dunno, and you have an obligation as an US citizen to help find out.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: