Re: A newbie's confusion about GPL (BS)

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 05:26:53PM -0400, Thomas Pomber wrote:
> I was talking to this electrician who just relocated here to Canada
> from Russia, and I was blown away when he told me that they didn't
> brainwash their people in The Commie Days half as much as the US does
> today.  Yeah right, I said!  But he said that they never had movies
> where the Americans were depicted as ignorant morons like you guys do.
> Anyway, to make a long story short, the guy's got a point.

A good reason for this is that for the later half of the 20th century
the U.S. stopped using physical force on its own people (or at least
used less of it). Instead they decided on spending the money on public
relations, and on technicalogical methods.  So basically they got into
bed with the entertainment industry to make sure that every little film
and show had its little piece of propoganda.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>
http://www.crasseux.com