Re: resize swap partition `in situ`, using parted

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 at 23:16 GMT, Simon Tod penned:
> In an attempt to redistribute disk space I'm trying to shrink the size
> of my swap space.
>
> Qtparted refuses to do the job as it's in use and the version on my
> Knoppix CD doesn't appear to work. The parted boot disk is currently
> unavailable from the GNU website, so my only option at the moment
> appears to be using parted on the fly. *However* parted warns me that
> the partition is in use and modification could cause severe
> corruption. Can I ignore this warning?  (running version 1.6.6-1 on
> sid).

Perhaps you could comment out the swap section of your fstab and reboot,
then try it?  Assuming that the system doesn't have a cow because it
can't find swap (I have no idea if it would), I would think this would
work.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please