Re: Installing NVIDIA Drivers

Hello

Stefan Seifert (<Steve@e-workstation.de>) wrote:

> I want to install the nvidia drivers
> NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run. But when I run it in ends with an
> error:
>
> ERROR: Unable to find the kernel header files for the currently
> running kernel.
> Please make sure you have installed the kernel header files for
> your kernel; on Red Hat Linux systems, for example, be sure you have
> the 'kernel-source' rpm installed.  If you know the correct kernel
> header files are installed, you may specify the kernel include path
> with the '--kernel-include-path' commandline option.
>
> I'm using kernel 2.4.22. I've build it correctly also the kernel
> headers kernel-headers-2.4.22-1 und *-k7 are installed, also the
> kernel-source.

If you built the kernel yourself, make sure the kernel source still is
properly configured. You can also use the kernel header package
generated by make-kpkg. Now make sure to tell the nvidia installer
where the headers are. Either use the --kernel-include-path parameter
the error message mentioned, or make a symlink /usr/src/linux pointing
to the kernel-source or kernel-headers directory.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen