Re: exim4-daemon-heavy and exiscan virus/spam filtering

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 11:28:53AM +0200, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
>> I was wondering that in my setup, exiscan wouldn't even be worthwile
>> using.
>> Isn't fetchmail going to get the full message before sending it over to
>> exim? If that is the case, exiscan will not do what i want it to do.
>> If this is the case, i'll have to look into another way of trying to
>> delete spam and virus messages on my mailbox.
>
>     Mailfilter?

I could use that but it's not nearly as powerful as amavis/spamassassin.
Anyway, i reread some of the fetchmail documentation and came across this
passage:
Quote from fetchmail webpage:
"The protocols fetchmail uses to talk to mailservers are next to
bulletproof. In normal operation forwarding to port 25, no message is ever
deleted (or even marked for deletion) on the host until the SMTP listener
on the client side has acknowledged to fetchmail that the message has been
either accepted for delivery or rejected due to a spam block."

So, if i understand this correctly, fetchmail will stream the mail to exim
while it is fetching it or does it download it first anyway?