Re: exim4-daemon-heavy and exiscan virus/spam filtering

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 01:04:50PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

> http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/config_docs/exim-spamassassin/ works
> well, one minor adjustment I would make (and I hope dman sees this)
> would be to change is when you're setting up the spamcheck transport,
> instead of...
>
> transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc
>
> ...I would make that line...
>
> transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc -u $local_part
>
> ...which allows each user to use thier own spamassassin configuration
> in ~/.spamassassin

Hmmm.  This looks like it might answer a question I asked recently in a
post about spamc and Bayesian tests.

If I use this -u flag as you suggest, will spamc use that user's
bayes databases? (And if that's possible, do I need to edit that user's
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs file or somesuch to do it?)

As usual, if there are docs you can point me to that contain this
answer (rather than just _giving_ me an answer) I'm happy to be pointed
to them.

And... this change will work with exim3 too, right?

	Cheers!
--