Re: A newbie's confusion about GPL

Bijan Soleymani wrote:
On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 10:04:18AM -0400, Allan Wind wrote:

On 2003-10-22T09:29:24-0400, Johan Kullstam wrote:

I think it may best for someone who uses a fast starting non-emacs
editor, e.g., vi.

Emacs has a client/server feature, so you get quick start-up of
additional clients once you have the server running.  Using vim myself
these days.

Yes this is very true. Oddly enough as much as I love emacs, I can't get
used to gnus or any of the other mail packages. Every time I try
something goes wrong. So I use mutt running inside emacs (M-x term) and
use EDITOR=emacsclient. So that whenever mutt calls up the editor it
switches me to a new emacs buffer where I can type up my message (I also
have it set up so that the new buffer is in mail mode).

Bijan

OK.  I never use emacs, so this may sound like a dumb question.  You
can run mutt *inside* of emacs?  How?  Why not just run it in a
regular xterm?

Besides, I thought emacs was a text editor (hence the emacs/vi flame
wars).

-Roberto