Re: [Waaaaaay OT] Grammer

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:55:19 +0200,
Nicos Gollan <gtdev@spearhead.de> wrote in message
<[🔎] 200310221555.19589.gtdev@spearhead.de>:

> It's "grammar".
>
> On Wednesday 22 October 2003 15:45, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> > Not trying to start a flame-fest here, but the correct plural form
> > of virus is viruses.
>
> Last thing I heard was that the original word had no plural at all, so
> as I see it we're all free to write what we want. "Little dead protein
> strands in protective protein hulls" is my favourite, but "valid
> reasons to shoot the a**holes who wrote 'em" is a close second. :-)

..I respectfully disagree:  Put on them a nice warm comfy suit and seat
them comfortably in a nice comfy recliner chair, with a string around
their balls with just short of enough slack, and a noose around their
neck, the latter with _just_ enough slack to snort air out of the wave
bottoms at high tide, and let them _decide_ for themselves.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: