gnome-terminal corupting utmp

system - testing, + bits of gnome2 from unstable.
         I log in using gdm and have gnome-terminal start
	 automatically and then restart if it's closed (from
	 gnome-session).

I've noticed that when I start another gnome-terminal, either from
command line or gnome2 menus and then exit from the terminal (via
exit) the record is not removed from /var/run/utmp.

The problem does not occur using xterm.

Has anybody any idea why this might happen and how I can stop it
happening.

cheers

dc

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
					Psalm 130:3