Re: mouse

Marlin Unruh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed debian 3.0r1 and the mouse will not work. I have a serial
> track ball with a PS/2 adapter, and have it plugged into the PS/2 port. The
> track ball is a Kensington Expert Mouse.
>
> Do I need to edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file? If so what should I try for
> the settings?
>
> Device:
> Protocol:
>
> Is there a utility that would help configure the mouse.
>
> How do you open the menu without the mouse working, with hot keys?

Late in to this thread.

I use a Logitech Marble Mouse. One of my better ideas :-)

This is my /etc/gpm.conf

device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=raw
type=ps2
append=""
sample_rate=

This is /etc/X11/XF86Conf-4 extract.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Default Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
        Option          "Buttons"               "3"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"          " 4 5 6 7"
EndSection

HTH.

--
cheers.