Re: how do i read from memory stick, fire wire?

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 06:04:43PM -0400, TR wrote:
> I want to be able to access the pics and short movies in my memory
> stick, but I can't figure out how to do it. After googling, I found some
> recommendation about adding the /etc/fstab entry: /dev/sda1 etc...
> Well, I tried that, but when I try to mount it to its mounting point I
> get the response:/dev/sda1 is not a valid device.
> Does anyone have any advice out there?
> Same about firewire.
> Thanks.

If the previous postings didn't help, you may not have the right kernel
module loaded, for a memory stick probably usb-storage.
Check with lsmod and do modprobe -v usb-storage if necessary.

HTH
--
Joachim Fahnenmüller

# Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
# your ~/.signature to help me spread!