Re: how do i read from memory stick, fire wire?

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 10:50, Christophe Courtois wrote:
> Le Dimanche 19 Octobre 2003 00:04, TR a déclamé :
> > I want to be able to access the pics and short movies in my memory
> > stick, but I can't figure out how to do it. After googling, I found
> > some recommendation about adding the /etc/fstab entry: /dev/sda1 etc...
> > Well, I tried that, but when I try to mount it to its mounting point I
> > get the response:/dev/sda1 is not a valid device.
>
>  Try with sdb1, sdc1, sdd1, etc.

Also try sda, sdb etc.
Thats how it works on mine. I think it depends on whether it as a
partition table or not. You could also try cfdisk /dev/sda and see if
that gives you information on the structure of the partition table.

--
Micha Feigin
michf@math.tau.ac.il