Re: Exim4 and MailDir

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 00:07:53 -0500, Doug MacFarlane wrote:
> Googling for an Exim4 + MailDir + HowTo has yeilded little of value to
> this poor soul.
>
> One referred to a maildirmake command, which isn't on my sarge box inspite
> of it's exim4 installation.

That command can be used when creating a Maildir tree "by hand" or from a
script. It's not needed to get exim4 to deliver in Maildir format.

> I'm obviously missing something obvious here - does one simply enable
> maildir support in Exim4 and restart the daemon,

Yes; you need to set the "maildir_format" option to "true" in the relevant
transport, as detailed at
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.20/doc/html/spec_25.html#IX1874 .

> and it will automagically create the maildir hierarchies?

Yes.

HTH,
Ray
--
USDoJ/Judge Jackson: "Microsoft has performed an illegal operation and will
be shut down."