Re: Linux smb r/w access on subdir in Windows share

smbmount will do both IF your personal directory is also a share.

You can mount the big share ro on /mnt/bigwin and
the personal share rw on /mnt/personalwin

BUT your personal share has to be a share.  If it's a homedir, it may be
a hidden share (starts with a $).  I don't know how smbmount will like
that $ . . .

If it isn't a share unto itself, then you can mount bigwin a 2nd time rw
at /mnt/dontusethisbigwin and create a symbolic link from
/mnt/personalwin to /mnt/dontusethisbigwin/subdir/subdir/personalwin

madmac