Re: update in sid has killed gnome-terminal

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 04:55:16PM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
> Marc Wilson wrote:
> >On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 05:09:19PM -0400, TR wrote:
> >
> >>I just did an upgrade in a machine running sid and after that can't star
> >>a gnome terminal anymore.
> >

> >Yes, and certainly you're going to get LOTS of help with that problem,
> >given this EXTREMELY informative report you've made.  Why, I'll just bet
> >that your problem jumps right out and begs to be solved.
> >
> >Feh.  Why do these people think they should be running unstable?
>
>   perhaps because it's the only usable debian distro/version? the
> stable is too old for desktops... testing is even worse than unstable...
>
>   orignal posters: hope you get the hint - provide us with enough
> information about your problem (exact error message etc.)

I bet it's the topmost bug listed for bugs.debian.org/gnome-terminal.

I felt pretty bad when I got yelled at for the same thing.  I think
everybody running unstable should get one dumbass pass while you tell
them to install apt-listchanges and read the bugs before you post.

How you gonna know that just by guessing.