moving boot drive around and lilo

Hello,
I recently had to move my hda drive to
hde and now I can't figure out how to
reinstall lilo so it knows to boot off hdie
instead of hda1.

If I boot off a floppy I can mount
hde1 (mount /dev/hde1 /mnt)
and see all my system files. I then
modified /mnt/etc/lilo.conf to say:

disk=/dev/hde
bios=0x80
boot=/dev/hde
root=/dev/hde1

Then I enter the command:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/lib /mnt/sbin/lilo -r /mnt

And i get the error:

sh: /lib/ld_linux.so.2: version 'GLIBC_PRIVATE' not found (required by /mnt/lib/libc.so.6)

So, any help to get lilo reinstalled so I
can boot off hde would be great.

BTW, I had to put LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/lib
ahead of that command or I get the error:

/mnt/sbin/lilo.real: relocation error: /mnt/sbin/lilo.real: symbol fstatfs, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
Maybe I'm correcting that error in the wrong manner?

thx,
james