Re: Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r1

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 01:54:07PM +0100, brian.huckstep wrote:
> I have a copy of Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r1 on CD-Rom 7 discs in fact. Unfortunately my computer bios only provides boot facility from either my "A" or "C" Drives is there any possibility for me to boot up the Debian/Linux Program through MS-DOS operating system. On inspecting the file content of the 1st Debian Installation disc I couldn't find any "Setup.exe" files that would of perhaps made it possible for me to have installed Debian/Linux using my Windows 98se Start-up Disc.
> If you can offer any help with my predicament, then I shall naturally be pleased to hear from you.

You have to reboot to install Debian, but you can make a boot floppy
using files on the CD.  In fact, you can find full instructions at
the official Debian web site, http://www.debian.org.  There's an
"Installation Manual" link right there on the front page that
explains everything quite well.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading