Re: OT - Programming Languages w/o English Syntax

Am Fr, den 17.10.2003 schrieb Tom um 13:15:

> [OT, sorry -- but question is obscure, will be hard to google]
>
> Are any non-english-speaking readers aware of High-level programming
> languages using non-English syntax?  Like, could I find a French C
> compiler that uses "pour" instead of "for" and "si" instead of "if"?

You can (mis-)use the C preprocessor to allow a non-English syntax in C
and add a non-English counterpart for every single keyword. It works for
almost everything except the preprocessor directives themselves.

But why should anyone want this?

--- german.h:
#define ganzzahl int
#define solange while