Re: getting viruses/spam after posting to this list

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 10:56:13AM +0100, Eliot Stock wrote:
> After my first post to this list last night, I woke up this morning to find 40
> helpful "MS security updates" in my inbox.
>
> How are other people dealing with this? Does the list consider this a problem,
> or is it just up to me to fight this at my server? If so a pointer to any URLs
> that lay out all the options for server-side spam and virus blocking would be
> helpful, maybe it's time I installed something. Is obfuscating addresses on the
> list pointless because harvesters aren't fooled? What's the score?

I just registered tonight and I'm now getting 2-4 emails every 5
minutes. This is absolutely ridicoulous :(

What can we do besides spoof our email address ? Obviously it's already
too late for me :(

cheers
James

--
-Zero Defect Software Engineers Group - ZDSEG
-