getting viruses/spam after posting to this list

After my first post to this list last night, I woke up this morning to find 40
helpful "MS security updates" in my inbox.

How are other people dealing with this? Does the list consider this a problem,
or is it just up to me to fight this at my server? If so a pointer to any URLs
that lay out all the options for server-side spam and virus blocking would be
helpful, maybe it's time I installed something. Is obfuscating addresses on the
list pointless because harvesters aren't fooled? What's the score?

Cheers,

Eliot Stock.