Re: CD writer

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 03:39:52AM -0700, Sidney Brooks wrote:

> Although Alvin Oga pointed me in the right direction,
> I have still not been successful in modifying my
> kernel to allow CD writing. The hang-up seems to be
> the instruction to remove "native ATAPI support".
> There are a number of references to ide in the
> configuration menu and I must not have removed all of
> them.

The simplest way is to pass the following boot option to the kernel
(in /etc/lilo.conf if you use lilo):
hdd=ide-scsi
(if /dev/hdd is your cd writer).

If you really want to switch to SCSI emulation, just disable
'IDE/ATAPI CDROM support' (in the 'IDE, ATA and ATAPI block devices' menu),
and don't forget to enable SCSI CDROM and SCSI generic support.

HTH
--
Joachim Fahnenmüller

# Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
# your ~/.signature to help me spread!