Re: Does DRI work?

David W.Aquilina wrote:
Places to look for error messages are /var/log/XFree86.0.log and dmesg.

That's the truly annoying thing. There aren't any errors in the XFree log, unless I'm missing something not-obvious. A copy of one such log is here: http://bombadil.starkindler.us/XFree86.log

dmesg also doesn't provide any errors, only indicators of success.

I posted a couple days ago about my problem, you can see it here: http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200310/ msg03623.html

I've just recompiled a new kernel today, to include agpgart, the tdfx driver, and the drm driver. dmesg and the XFree86 log still indicate success, however glxinfo still says 'direct rendering: No'. Full glxinfo output is here: http://bombadil.starkindler.us/glxinfo

-David

Try booting your machine with a Knoppix CD.  Check if it gets direct
rendering working on boot.  If it does, copy the XF86Config-4 over to
your Debian install and reboot.  That is what I had to do to get it
working on mine.  I had everything setup correctly, followed all the
howtos, and still couldn't it get to work, eventhough there were no
error messages.  But once I did the Knoppix trick, everything worked.

-Roberto