Re: How do I prevent User 'A' from seeing User 'B' /home contents

Hi,

* Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [031014 10:42]:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 05:23:44PM +0900, Nick Hastings wrote:
> > * Ryan Nowakowski <tubaman@mailandnews.com> [031012 16:56]:
> > >
> > > chmod 700 /home/*
> >
> > Do _not_ do this. You don't want everything to be executable. You
> > just want to remove read permission for everyone except the owner. To
> > do that:
> >
> > chmod -R go-r /home
>
> The advice in the post you're replying to is much less invasive: note
> that it doesn't have the -R flag, so it only affects the directories in
> /home itself. These should all be executable anyway.

My mind had automatically inserted a -R when reading
"chmod 700 /home/*". My bad. I was wrong.

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.6.0-test7-looxt93c2 i686 GNU/Linux