Re: How do I prevent User 'A' from seeing User 'B' /home contents

<fix toppost>
* Ryan Nowakowski <tubaman@mailandnews.com> [031012 16:56]:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 10:53:46AM -0500, Wathen, Metherion wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I need to know how to change permissions of each user so that
> > they only see their own home directory. As I write this i'm thinking
> > that I have to change the groups they are in, is that correct?
>
> chmod 700 /home/*

</fix toppost>

Do _not_ do this. You don't want everything to be executable. You
just want to remove read permission for everyone except the owner. To
do that:

chmod -R go-r /home

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.6.0-test7-looxt93c2 i686 GNU/Linux