Re: Splitting attachments into separate emails

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Johann Spies wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 11:30:41PM -0400, kmark@pipeline.com wrote:
<snip>>

> I did not know about the '+' option.  That is nice.
>
> > Now once that is done, you need to determine what to do with the 4
> > mail types: inline forward, attachment forward, inline reply and
> > attachment reply. procmail and/or perl may be need to do this simple
> > check.
>
> As far as I can see procmail/formail can not extract or split
> attachments into separate files and I would probably write something
> to do this.  I do not know perl very well, so I would probably do it
> in ocaml which is more familiar to me.
<snip>
Hi Johann,
I use pine and forwards are quoted inline not as attachments. So,
my message is like this:
HEADER_WITH_SPAM_AS_SUBJECT
BLANK_LINE
INLINE_FORWARD
BLANK_LINE
whereas with an forward'ed attachment might be like this
HEADER_WITH_SPAM_AS_SUBJECT
BLANK_LINE
MIME_ENCODED_FORWARD
BLANK_LINE