Re: Splitting attachments into separate emails

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 at 08:08 GMT, Johann Spies penned:

>> These 4 options can be sorted out with procmail. I also realized that
>> the from: would be from your network and the to: would be you, also
>> on your network, so that would differentiate it from other mails
>> using procmail.  Also, you can use a (maybe underused) mail filtering
>> technique: the '+'.  You can ask that the mail be send to :
>> admin+spam@.... or admin+ham@....  and this is easy to filter. Or
>> create a 2 new email addresses. These are suggestion to figure out
>> which mails are for sa.
>
> I did not know about the '+' option.  That is nice.

I'm not sure that all MTAs support the + notation out of the box ... I
know I had to tweak exim to get it to pass through addresses of style
user-spam@host.com ... iirc I would have had to have done the same for
the + notation.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please