Re: Best Nics.

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 17:20, David Palmer. wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:19:17 -0400
> Johann Koenig <explosive@att.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thursday October  9 at 11:29am
> > Edward Murrell <edward@murrell.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> > > If you need good 100mbps performance under load, you can't go wrong
> > > with Intel. The 3Com 3c905Bs I use in my workstations also seem to
> > > take anything I can throw at them (including trying to run Q3A
> > > X11/OpenGL over a network, just to see if I could ;).
> >
> > I picked up a 10 pack of 3Com 905B's on eBay for about $50 USD. I've
> > only used a couple so far, but they are my favorite. Work well, every
> > time.
> > --
> This sounds like the best option so far, unfortunately I'm working
> on a 1Ghz Athlon, not intel, and the planned migration is to dual
> Opterons when the 64bit smp project matures.

???  What's wrong with the 3c905B?  Why shouldn't it work with AMD
systems?

> Thanks for the input, but it looks like the CNet 200 pros are the
> only show happening for Linux.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

Why is cyber-crime not being effectively controlled? What is
fuelling the rampancy?
* Parental apathy & the public education system
http://www.linuxsecurity.com/feature_stories/feature_story-
150.html