Re: Best Nics.

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:19:17 -0400
Johann Koenig <explosive@att.net> wrote:

> On Thursday October  9 at 11:29am
> Edward Murrell <edward@murrell.co.nz> wrote:
>
> > If you need good 100mbps performance under load, you can't go wrong
> > with Intel. The 3Com 3c905Bs I use in my workstations also seem to
> > take anything I can throw at them (including trying to run Q3A
> > X11/OpenGL over a network, just to see if I could ;).
>
> I picked up a 10 pack of 3Com 905B's on eBay for about $50 USD. I've
> only used a couple so far, but they are my favorite. Work well, every
> time.
> --
This sounds like the best option so far, unfortunately I'm working on a 1Ghz Athlon, not intel, and the planned migration is to dual Opterons when the 64bit smp project matures.
Thanks for the input, but it looks like the CNet 200 pros are the only show happening for Linux.
Regards and thanks,

David.