Re: LI Hang, recovery?? SOLVED

I got back in by booting from an installation CD (bf2.4), with root=/dev/hda4
which was my root partition (I'd forgotten which one I was using, Knoppix
came in handy to figure that out).  For some reason when I booted from that
CD my screen was jumbled, even when I switched to a text console.  I guess it
was loading the wrong modules from my root partition???

Despite the jumbled screen I still managed to log in and run lilo which got me
back in business.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post.

Chris