Re: Howto not reject mail to Postmaster etc. in Exim4

On Thursday 09 October 2003 01:08, Philipp Weis wrote:
> On 08 Oct 2003, Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net> wrote:
> > To make it pass if security or abuse is in, I could only extend
> > accept local_parts = postmaster to accept local_parts =
> > postmaster:abuse:security, right?
>
> Right.

Yup, that works great, thanks a lot!

> > It wouldn't be a problem in my other case either, with the
> > spamtraps: If one of the spamtraps are among the local_parts, I'll
> > reject it anyway, as none of the spamtraps will ever get legitimate
> > mail. I would not need to differentiate between users in either
> > case.
> >
> > However, this seems harder now, since, as you said, local_parts is
> > not available in DATA ACL... Would I need to set it up in the RCPT
> > ACL section to set a variable, and then test on that in the DATA
> > ACL section?
>
> If I got you right, you want to deny all mail sent to a spamtrap
> recipient. This should work exactly the same way as with postmaster.

Uhm, I was probably a bit confused last night...

What I meant to say is that I will accept the mail if it goes only to a
spamtrap, but deny it if it also goes to a user which is not in the
list of spamtraps... So, I don't need to differentiate between users,
but I need some kind of condition if there are other users getting that
mail than the spamtraps...

BTW, I probably misconfigured clamd somewhat, because tonight the
mailserver started refusing more connections. It apparently had too
much to scan. I'm working on that right now.

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo