Re: Howto not reject mail to Postmaster etc. in Exim4

On 08 Oct 2003, Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net> wrote:
> To make it pass if security or abuse is in, I could only extend accept
> local_parts = postmaster to accept local_parts =
> postmaster:abuse:security, right?

Right.

> It wouldn't be a problem in my other case either, with the spamtraps: If
> one of the spamtraps are among the local_parts, I'll reject it anyway,
> as none of the spamtraps will ever get legitimate mail. I would not
> need to differentiate between users in either case.
>
> However, this seems harder now, since, as you said, local_parts is not
> available in DATA ACL... Would I need to set it up in the RCPT ACL
> section to set a variable, and then test on that in the DATA ACL
> section?

If I got you right, you want to deny all mail sent to a spamtrap
recipient. This should work exactly the same way as with postmaster.

Philipp

Philipp Weis                                   email: pweis@pweis.com
Freiburg, Germany                              web: http://pweis.com/
GnuPG public key available from pweis.com or keyservers (ID 41D95A4A)