Re: System refuses to load uhci instead of usb-uhci

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:31:08 -0400
Lou Losee <llosee@hvc.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi, Currently on boot, my system is loading the usb-uhci module.  I am
> trying to change that to get it to load the uhci module instead.  I am
> running a custom 2.4.22 kernel if that matters.  I want uhci instead of
> usb-uhci based on the following output I get from a lspci -v | grep HCI
do you have hotplug installed?
hotplug (or at least the debian startup script for it) do load the usb driver modules for some method...
and the other one (it is silly but it can happen)...do you have it in /etc/modules ? (I don't mean to tell you stupid but such things do happen from time to time....

Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>